Saturday 26 October 2013

October Favourites- ♡

Hello lovelies! First I have to make my apologies for not blogging the week or so. I have not had proper internet access which means I cannot blog unless I do it on my iPhone. iPhones are particularly useless for blogging as I can't edit and arrange the post in the way I wish on my phone. So here I am today, with my October favourites post for you all to check out!


First off I have Nicki Minaj Pink Friday Eau De Parfum- I am in no way a big Nicki Minaj fan, but I am in love with this perfume. This perfume smells exactly like Viva La Juicy from Juicy Coture. I picked this up in my local Semi Chem store, for £25 for the 50ml. I have been wearing this perfume when I go out, or if I go to college and the bottle has lasted me exceptionally well. This perfume is sweet with flowery undertones, it has a hint of bubblegum also. The bottle itself highlights a typical Nicki Minaj style and personality. 

Next I have a recent purchase of mine which has already made it into my October favourites which is Righteous Butter by Soap and Glory. This is my favourite moisturizer for the winter months and is perfect for those that suffer dry skin and hands during the colder weather. 
Three cheek products are included in my October favourites- ELF Persimmon All Over Colour stick, Benefit Watts Up & MUA Blusher in Cupcake. I use the All Over Colour Stick to create a slightly tinted highlight on my cheek bones. It has a light peach shimmer to it which sits perfectly on pale skin. For £1.50 this is a definite re-purchase for me. The Watts Up Soft Focus Highlighter is also great for pale skin and an under brow highlight. As you have seen me talk about the MUA blush before I wont go into much detail, but this blush is highly pigmented and has a lovely light pink shade which suits pale skin perfectly. 

MUA also have won me over this month with Undress Your Skin foundation, I have this in the shade Porcelain. You can see a review for this foundation here! - This is my go-to foundation for days I am at college or in placement. The coverage is excellent and for £3 I reckon this is a must have bargain. I have also included the Superdrug Deep Anti Blemish Action Gel. I love this product for my current breakouts, it forms a gel coating over the blemish and treats it overnight. I cannot remember the exact price of this, although I reckon it was under £3. This product is perfect if you have somewhere to go and deadly spots appear overnight!

Last but not least I have my favourite brushes for October, first brush you see is the ELF Professional Bronzing Brush which has been good for applying blusher also. It isn't too dense and makes it easier to blend out products with the contoured angle bristles. The black handled brush is something I picked up on impulse at my local Morrison's store. My local store have recently started stocking make up tools, after previously only stocking makeup products. This brush is the Powder Brush and cost me £2. I love this brush, it is soft and easy to work with. It picks up just the right amount of product and is easy to clean. This brush is slightly flatter than most powder brushes, it is more like a thicker rounded fan shape. I think this brush is perfect for shoving in my makeup bag when I'm going out and not worrying about loosing it. I want to give the rest of the brush range from Morrison's a try and see how they compare to higher end brushes.


Keep smiling! x

3 comments:

  1. Soap & Glory have so many wonderful body care products to choose from. My absolute favourite is the breakfast scrub followed by the Smoothiestar body butter cream oh yum, yum! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great favorites! I nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award! If you are interested, go to my blog and check it out! :)

    www.beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete