Saturday 19 October 2013

Birthday Outfit- Help ?!




 Hello lovelies! Today I have a blog post mixed in with an advice plea. I went shopping this weekend and picked up a few bits as I am looking for something to wear to my birthday night        out. I hunted the shops for something to wear and dabbled between maxi dresses, midi dresses and other pieces. My birthday is next Monday, although I am going out on Friday and    Sunday to do some things with friends and family.
 I was in Primark when I spotted this almost paisley style embossed t-shirt, I love this piece even if it is more casual looking. The camera does not pick the embossing up well, so excuse the bad photography skills. I was instantly trying to think up things to go with the top and picked up a few skater skirts with the idea of tucking them in loosely. After much annoyance in the changing rooms I decided I was just going to get the top. 

 I have a denim skater skirt already but unsure on whether they go together. The skirt is a dark acid wash denim, from New Look which I am sure many of you may own or have seen. I also picked up some jewellery to pair with the outfit. I seen this gorgeous necklace below whilst looking for something that made a statement to the simple top. This necklace was £5, and I love it. I considered buying some bracelets or large earrings, but I didn't want to overdo it. 





I wanted to pick up a small bag as I don't have a specific one for "going out", I only have my current handbag which goes everywhere with me. I picked up this small black bag, with a velvet top. The picture does not do this bag justice it is beautiful and doesn't look like a piece you would find in Primark. The bag has a long handle that goes across your body, and a small zip pocket separate from the main compartment. This bag was £8, which I thought was good considering I will be able to use it on various occasions.



What do you think? Does it go?

Keep smiling xxx

5 comments:

  1. Yes! I think that all would look very lovely together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be a great outfit - love the necklace x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post!!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it looks like it would be a great outfit! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award :) http://samanthaw8.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete