Monday 23 September 2013

Recent Drugstore Purchases ☮


 Products I picked up on my visit to the shops recently!

Hi guys, I recently went to my local shopping centre and picked up a few bits that I spotted. First I went to boots when it was 3 for 2 on the make-up section and picked up Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and Scandal Eyes Mascara and got another Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer with the offer. I then on a separate trip to boots picked up the Loreal Superliner and Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara.

Two of these products: Wake Me Up foundation (Ivory 100) and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair 1) are highly hyped on Youtube and various beauty hangouts.
 I love the texture of the foundation and the healthy glow it gives my skin. The lasting power for this foundation isn't excellent as it tends to wear off my skin through out the day. I feel with this foundation a powder over the top dulls the glow effect this provides, which adds to the lasting problem. Retailing at between £7/£8 is an affordable price for foundation for me, although I cannot compare it to my MAC which has to be expected. 

Secondly the Lasting Perfection Concealer has proved to be the must have for many beauty gurus and bloggers across the UK. This product is perfect for covering spots and dark circles. This product has a thick creamy consistency and is easily blended into the skin. This product if over applied can appear "cakey" under your eyes although thorough blending should ensure perfect coverage. 

The Loreal Superliner in Carbon Black is slowly becoming my go-to eyeliner as it gives me a perfect line with little smudging using the precision brush. This eyeliner is my replacement for my Master Precise liner by Maybelline, as I appear to have lost it. Compared with the Master Precise liner I think the Superliner has a smoother line and longer lasting power. I apply this product over my ELF eyelid primer to make my eye look last as long as possible. 

Both the mascaras I purchased are in the shade black, and have thick chunky wands. The Scandaleyes Mascara has an hourglass shaped wand, with thick dense bristles. This mascara ensures my lashes are clump free and is easy to apply. It does not provide any curl in my lashes although it appears to give them slight volume when given two coats. 

The Collosal Mascara isn't my favourite of the two but I'll find a way to use it. This mascara has a very wet texture when applied and is easily smudged. It provides my lashes with a dramatic curl and is also easily applied. This mascara does not give my lashes volume and makes them appear clumpy. I love Maybelline mascaras but this particular one doesnt work for my lashes and seems to smudge alot under my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment